Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Madman of Piney Woods

Author: Christopher Paul Curtis

Genre: Historical Fiction

What this book is about:   Benji lives in Buxton, Canada and the Madman of Piney Woods has always been a legend. Red is from Chatham, and the South Woods Lion Man has always been a tale to scare little children. When a forensics competition brings the two together, they will have to find out what they can do about this Madman, and perhaps save his life.

Your opinion: I thought it was okay, which is surprising because I usually don't like Christopher Paul Curtis books. I liked when the story was told from Red's perspective. I didn't like the parts where Benji was just with his other friends.

Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Who would like this book: I think people who like historical fiction would like this book.

Reviewed by: CM   

No comments:

Post a Comment