Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Snicker of Magic

Author: Natalie Lloyd 

Genre: Mystery, Realistic Fiction, Magic

What this book is about: Felicity Pickle's mom is cursed with a wandering heart. She is always on the move. This means a lot of new first days of school, a lot of moving, and a lot of making new friends. But Felicity is not always accepted, because she isn't like other people, who collect football cards, or figurines, or even belly button lint (ew.) But she is different. Felicity collects words. The new town they move to is Midnight Gulch, where her mother grew up as a kid. And it's full of words all right! The old stories tell of two magical brothers, who made the whole world dance with their music. Everyone says that the magic has left now. But Felicity knows the magic hasn't left yet. Maybe it's just been on vacation for a while. But Felicity has limited time. Her mother never stays in one place for too long. And it's just a matter of time before they have to pack up their bags - and leave the magic behind.  

Your opinion: I liked the book a lot, and I really couldn't put it down! I didn't have any parts I didn't like. I think that this makes my top five list - but I'm still deciding.....
Top five list:
I am Malala
Rain Reign
(Maybe) Snicker of Magic Rating 4 1/2.
(Maybe) Absolutely Almost
   
Rating:  4 1/2 out of 5 stars

Who would like this book:  I think people who like magic and realistic fiction would like this book. Also, it will remind you about small acts of kindness you can do that people really appreciate.

Reviewed by: ST 

No comments:

Post a Comment