Sunday, December 14, 2014

Absolutely Almost

Author: Lisa Graff 


Genre: Realistic Fiction

What is this book about: Have you ever had a bad day? Or maybe grades that weren't quite up to your parents' standards? Albie has always been almost good at things. ALMOST good enough to pass a test. ALMOST good enough to be on the soccer team. ALMOST good enough to finish a model airplane by himself. He is trying, but it is not quite enough. He joins a math club with a teacher that makes jokes and writes the really good ones down for next year. He gets a new baby sitter that loves art and gives him donuts. Albie decides he is done being an almost. Now he wants to be an awesome. 

Your opinion: I liked how people could relate to the story. I also think that people can sit down and enjoy it. I didn't like one part, but it is a spoiler so I can't say it!  It hooked me....and held on.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Who would like this book: I think that people who like books that relate to themselves should read this.

Reviewed by:  ST 


Also by this author: A Tangle of Knots

 

No comments:

Post a Comment